We are open as normal please follow Government Guidelines
We’re Good to Go
Oaklands Country Lodges have achieved the Visit England “We’re Good to Go” Mark. This certification means we are following Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and have all the correct cleaning protocols, risk assessments and preparations in place for making your holiday as risk free as we can.
Our guarantee to you!
If you have stayed with us before you’re probably already aware of the high standards of hygiene, housekeeping and safety which we adhere to both inside our self-catering log cabins and around the site in general. However, in accordance with Government guidance and industry standards, we’d like to reassure you that we’re taking additional measures to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our guests and staff.
Book with confidence
We want you to book your stay at Oaklands Country Lodges with complete confi-dence. If your booking is affected by a further Government lockdown due to COVID-19, then you will be offered the choice of rebooking your stay at a later date.
Social distancing at Oaklands Country Lodges
Fortunately, we have plenty of wide-open spaces and all our Log cabins are self-contained. Whilst on holiday you can easily maintain your social distance and keep to your household groups without having to interact with others.
We will be operating a social distance, self-check in, but rest assured we will still be available by phone or email throughout your stay to deal with any queries.
We ask our guests to adhere to the following additional measures:
- Please do not travel to our site if you, or any member of your party, are dis-playing any COVID-19 symptoms. In this instance please telephone us to discuss the situation.
- Please adhere to current Government Guidelines regarding mixing of households with respect to occupation of your lodge.
- On arrival at the site we ask all guests to use the hand sanitizer located out-side your lodge.
- When we are attending to daily routine maintenance of your hot tub, we ask you kindly to maintain a 2m distance at all times.
- When moving around the site please respect the current advice and remem-ber the social distancing rule.
- Please wash your hands regularly, and also please carry tissues for coughs and sneezes.
Guests are to check themselves into their Lodge on arrival.
Normally we like to welcome guests personally but for now guests will let themselves into their Lodge. On the day of arrival, the Lodge door will be unlocked shortly before your expected arrival time, and the sterilised keys will be left on the table in the dining area.
Maintaining a virus free environment during your stay.
To help guests maintain a virus free environment:
- Hand sanitiser will be provided on the ramp walking up to the lodge and at the front door of every lodge.
- A steriliser spray will be provided in the kitchen of the lodge.
- Sanitising hand wash soap will be provided in the kitchen.
Please help us on departure day by doing the following:
It is recommended by our trade bodies that we urge all our guests to please strip their own bedding (sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers only) and pack them, together with towels, into the laundry bag provided (left on the table when checking in). This will make our housekeepers’ job much easier and safer.
- It is recommended by our trade bodies that we urge all our guests to please bag their rubbish and remove it from the Lodge to the bins by the entrance before departure, please ensure all your left-over food is taken home.
- Please open the windows prior to departure to air the Lodge prior to our housekeeper’s arrival.
- Leave the Lodge clean and tidy, the dishwasher can be left on but all dirty pots/pans must be washed in the dishwasher and the cooker left clean and grease free.
- Please ensure you vacate the Lodge by 10am. This is our standard checkout time but it is currently more important than ever that we have enough time to safely prepare the Lodge for the next guests. Please leave the key on the table.
What to do if you or anyone in your group experiences any of the key symptoms of COVID-19 before or during your stay (persistent cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell).
If anyone in your group experiences any of the key symptoms of COVID-19 during your stay, please inform us, and then make plans to travel home at the soonest op-portunity to seek medical help and to self-isolate. This is Government advice and guests are expressly prohibited from self-isolating in holiday accommodation.
All of the above information is correct at the time of writing, may be updated from time to time without notice, and is based on the Government’s current guidance which can be read here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We are here to help so please contact us if you have any questions